Friday, December 9, 2011

It's late and I'm tired...

Awhile back it was announced that the Cranberries, who got back together a couple of years ago, are releasing a new album in 2012. For all intents and purposes, I am a Cranberries fan. And while in recent years only their first two efforts find active rotation on the player, I enjoy all of their albums, and there are a handful of worthwhile songs to be found even on the post heyday "we've heard this before" of Bury the Hatchet and Wake Up and Smell the Coffee. I even picked up the first Dolores solo outing and dug it quite a bit. So, yeah, I'm certainly interested, maybe even excited about them putting out their first new album, Roses, in a decade.

With a release date for Roses of February 14 (aww...), it's not surprising that there's already some artwork available, and even that it's also up on Wiki. What was surprising, to me, and the whole point of this post, because it's late and I'm tired, is that the album cover is very reminscent to me, because it's late and I'm tired, of the back cover photo of Black Sabbath's Heaven and Hell.




And really, that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: