Saturday, December 4, 2010

XXXmas Cheer - Part 1


It's been awhile, blame work 'cos I do..., but I've decided to do a bit of a Christmas (or as I like to say XXXmas...yes, that's how I say it out loud) theme, searching out cool or interesting or maybe favorite versions of holiday songs. Traditionally I'm not much of a XXXmas fan, but with a young child beginning to take interest (in the lights anyway) I've decided to de-Scrooge a bit.

With that in mind, the first offering I have for you literally blows my socks off. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen is a traditional song that I've loved since childhood, very expressive and hits a lot of soft spots on the inside. And normally it's presented in a low key, reverent sort of way, which never fails to miss. Or you can hand it over to the late and eternally great Mr. Dio and, well...enjoy!!

No comments: